Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm back! I just returned to Bosebuck Mountain Camps after a short, four day trip to Charleston, SC to attend the Chief Petty Officer pinning ceremony for my son, Thomas. Thanks for your service and congrats!

Just as we were finishing breakfast this morning, we watched a bull and cow moose along the shore just across the little river. He only had eyes for her, but she wasn't interested in him one tiny bit and was really palying hard to get. I have to give him credit for trying and as we last saw them entering the tree line for a little privacy, his persistence appeared to be paying off. Maybe we'll see the twins next spring?

The weather here is much colder than I have been enjoying with only a current temperature of 48 degrees as I write this post at 11:25AM on Saturday morning. Of course the northeast wind blowing at 7-15 MPH isn't helping to bring up the temps any.

The fishermen are here and hoping for rain, rain and more rain. We did receive some yesterday and a little more overnight, but not enough to bring the water levels up to where the fish can move upstream easily. Don't get me wrong, they are catching fish, but "the run" has started yet.

Our fourth and final group of bear hunters of will be arriving at camp on Monday. We have had a very successful season so far and have already begun receiving reservations for next year. Since we limit our hunters to only six per week, it makes sense to reserve early. If you are contemplating a bear hunt at Bosebuck next year, call and make a reservation today and we'll invoice you for the 50% deposit 90 days in advance of your stay.

Mike has been seeing a good number of both birds and deer while out and about attending to his bear sites. These colder temps, although no frost yet, seems to have spurred their activity. We still have cabins available in October for bird hunting and openings in November for deer hunting. Give us a call if you have some time to come and enjoy the great outdoors.

1 comment:

  1. I was here this day and coming from TX, the weather was perfect for me! Thanks Wendy for your hospitality. I enjoyed the tour Jake gave me and was really thrilled to see the moose (both of them!) in my short visit there. The newest pic of the leaves look amazing!

    ReplyDelete