Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring Fishing?

I think so, but it snowed here at Bosebuck Mountain Camps all day yesterday and we awoke this morning with a light accumulation of snow on the ground. We still have light snow falling and my daffodils are NOT happy.

The temperature at 8:30 this morning was 30 degrees, but rising so that's a positive thought. The fish seem a little confused as to what time of year it is due to the unseasonably warm temps in April and now the much colder weather that has decided to arrive in May. The fishermen have been having sporadic success and keep changing to different flies to entice some action. Warmer weather is on the way and perhaps this spell of colder weather will put things back on the "normal" track. But who knows, Mother Nature likes to mess with us some times.

I hope all the mothers enjoyed their special day yesterday. I received phone calls from both my boys by 9AM so I had a great day. Although it would have been nice to have them visit, a phone call still warms the heart and keeps them close.

No comments:

Post a Comment