Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I was going to begin this post stating that I awoke to 10.6 degrees and an iced over river except once I thought it over I realized that it was pitch black this morning when I came down to lodge at 4:30AM to start breakfast.  Since deer season is well underway and the hunters like to hit the woods early, breakfast begins at 5AM.  Now that I have my timeline re-established, I can tell you that when the sun finally came over the mountain, I could see the iced over river and ice in the lake.  As I write this post at 8:16AM the temp has risen to 15 degrees and there is not a cloud to be found in the sky.  It is definitely a frosty morning with snow in the forecast!  I guess I will need to start this year's snow total page if the weather forecast is correct.

I have to say congratulations to Paul Vozzella who took home his first buck and I'm sure he and his Dad, Phil have retold the story at least a hundred times already.  See you next year!

Bosebuck Mountain Camps is a Maine IF&W game registration station and we have already tagged 22 deer this season with the largest being a 10 pointer, weighing in at 271 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment