Monday, January 11, 2010

I know I sound like a broken record, but it's snowing again here at Bosebuck Mountain Camps. Although it's just a light, fluffy snow and the skies are overcast, it's still pretty. No big storms of late, but 2 or 3 inches here and there all adds up. The current temperature is 16 degrees and no wind at the present time.

The groomer was in on Friday night and also groomed a trail down to the boat launch on the opposite shore of lake. That little extension of the trail will allow you to cross the lake to Bosebuck and avoid the 3 miles of shared trail (Parmachenee Road) just north of camp. Reports from the back-country are very positive with at least three feet of snow to play in. Of course they always want more since I guess it's just not fun unless you get really stuck!

I snuck out of camp Saturday morning after breakfast to attend my older brother John's surprise 50th birthday party. Yes, he was surprised and we all had a great time laughing over his baby pictures. A big thank you to Julie, Tami and Caitlin who came in to camp to cover for me so I could celebrate with my family.

Don't forget Snodeo in Rangeley starts on the 21st and we will be participating the chili & chowder contest this year. Ann will be serving her best of both so I hope you will join us on that Thursday at the Clubhouse to cast your vote. Be sure to call and make a reservation for a cabin here so you don't miss out on any of the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment