Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's snowing, I went for a ride, the eagles are back

That's right, it's snowing here at Bosebuck Mountain Camps this morning with a current temperature of 22 degrees and overcast skies.  Most of you have been experiencing "spring like" conditions this past week but we are definitely still in winter mode having received nearly two feet of fresh snow in the last week and a half.

Finally after four winters at Bosebuck, I got on a sled yesterday afternoon with Michael and he took me for a ride on the new trail, around the top of lake and back down the Sunday Pond trail.  I must say the view was spectacular, the weather perfect and now I can truly understand why so many people ride even when the temps are below zero.  The new trail will be a great hike this summer too.

Yes, that's right, I saw a pair of eagles yesterday afternoon at this end of the lake and they were sitting in the same trees favored by the pair we had build a nest on the island last year.  I'm hoping it is the same pair and they will make this there home again this year.  We certainly had a bird's eye view (no pun intended) of their activities last year and I thought the trials and tribulations 2010 would be a "once in a lifetime" event but maybe not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment