Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sunny but cold would best describe the day so far.  The storm has finally passed by after leaving 18 inches or more of fresh snow in it's wake.  The task now is to find a place to put it all.  We experienced below zero temperatures overnight, but already the mercury has climbed to 8 degrees above zero.  The sun is out in full force and it seems as though we haven't seen it in so long I thought for a moment I may have been living underground.  I just might need sunglasses on inside today from the glare bouncing off the snow into the lodge.  Let me be perfectly clear though, that is NOT a complaint.  The sun feels good and I'm sure all the sled-heads will agree.

The groomer from Oquossoc made a complete trip yesterday.  Due to the heavy, accumulating snow, it took him nearly 10 hours just to get to Bosebuck and I'm not sure how long to make the return trip, but THANK YOU!  Those guys put in a lot of time to make the trail system what it is and for all of us to enjoy.  If you happened upon a donation bucket, feel free to drop in your change.

No comments:

Post a Comment